Welcome to my website.
I am an amateur photographer based in Glasgow, but I’m a pilot flying long haul in my professional life. So I’m lucky enough to get to go all over the world.
I started photography at college for my A-Level in art, mainly because I couldn’t draw. I found an old film camera and convinced my teacher to let me turn the cupboard into a dark room. Since then, it was about 20 years until I picked up a camera again when I went from short haul to long haul flying. While I enjoyed exploring down route, I wanted something else to help me discover new things, so I picked up a camera again.
I am a member of the Paisley Colour Photographic Club and the Royal Photographic Society, where I am working towards my distinction.
I started with travel-style photography, and now I like to try my hand at all sorts of styles. So this website is really a recording of my journey through photography. I hope you enjoy it.
Should I actually take a picture, you would like a print of, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
My current kit
- Sony A7R IV
- Sony FE 24-105mm f4 G OSS
- Sony FE 200-600mm f5.6-6.3 G OSS
- LEE 100 Filter Set
- Peak Design Aluminium Tripod
- 3 Legged Thing L-Bracket
- Lowepro ProTatic BP 450 AW II Backpack
Awards & Distinctions
- Honorable Mention – Photographic Society of America
- LRPS (Licentiate) – Royal Photographic Society
- John Anderson Memorial Trophy – Paisley Colour Photographic Club
- Rae Trophy – Paisley Colour Photographic Club
- Henderson President’s Tankard – Paisley Colour Photographic Club